Terms and conditions for this City & Guilds training course & exam providing the Licence to maintain Wind Turbines on a global basis
IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE BUYING TRAINING COURSES OR ACCESSING OR DOWNLOADING ANY TRAINING MATERIALS FROM THIS WEBSITE:
This is a legal agreement between you (Licensee or you) and Networking Communities Limited , United Kingdom (Licensor or we) for your purchase of the Training Course and Exam. By clicking on the "enrol" button on your event page, you agree to these terms which will bind you and (if you are an employer) your employees. If you do not agree to these terms, we shall not sell Training Materials or Documentation to you and you must discontinue the purchasing process now.
1. THE PRODUCT a DESCRIPTION We describe our products as:
eLearning [Online training] Delegate can purchase a training activity online, access and complete the course online
Online Exam - Delegate can book the product online
Please note that we reserve the right to change the course content of any Training Course at any time and without notice.
2. THE SALE The purchase of Training Courses and Training Materials are subject to the following: the prices set out for the relevant product on our website; and the purchase of the Training Courses and Training Materials includes the granting of a non exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the Training Materials and the Documentation on the terms of such licence, which are set out in the following clause.
3. THE LICENCE You may: • As an E-LEARNING CUSTOMER download and use the Documents for the purposes of completing the associated course on line only either (as agreed between the parties): ?on one CPU if the Licence is a single-user licence or the Software is for single use
4. LICENSEE'S UNDERTAKINGS Except as expressly set out in this Licence you undertake (and you undertake to procure that your employees or any other delegate attending a Training Course on your behalf or on your account so undertakes):
not to copy the Training Materials or Documentation except where such copying is incidental or necessary for the purposes of completing the relevant Training Course;
not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the Training Materials or Documentation;
not to alter, or modify, the whole or any part of the Training Materials or Documentation, nor permit the Training Materials or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated into, any other materials;
to supervise and control use of the Training Materials and Documents and ensure that they are used by your employees and representatives in accordance with the terms of this Licence;
to include the copyright notice of C&G and NWC on all entire and partial copies you may make of the Training Materials or Documents on any medium;
not to provide or otherwise make available the Training Materials or Documentation in whole or in part, in any form to any person without prior written consent from the Licensor;
5. CANCELLATION OF TRAINING COURSES No refunds shall be given for the cancellation of Elearning courses no matter when cancellation is notified to us.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY 6.1 With regard to any materials that the Licensee may produce to the Licensor during a Training Course pursuant to the curriculum of that Training Course. All information will remain confidential.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Training Materials and the Documentation anywhere in the world belong to the Licensor, that rights in the Training Materials and the Documentation are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the Training Materials or the Documentation other than the right to use them in accordance with the terms of this Licence.
8. LICENSOR'S LIABILITY Nothing in this Licence shall exclude or in any way limit the Licensor's liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or any other liability to the extent that it may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law. The Licensor shall not be liable under, or in connection with, this Licence or any collateral contract for: •loss of income; •loss of business profits or contracts; •business interruption; •loss of the use of money or anticipated savings; •loss of information; •loss of opportunity, goodwill or reputation; •loss of, damage to or corruption of data; or •any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise; Subject to what is provided above, the Licensor's maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with this Licence, or any collateral contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall be limited to a sum equal to £500. The Licensor's liability for infringement of third-party intellectual property rights shall be limited to breaches of rights subsisting in the UK. These terms set out the full extent of the Licensor's obligations and liabilities in respect of the supply of the Training Courses, Training Materials and Documentation. In particular, there are no conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, express or implied, that are binding on the Licensor except as specifically stated in this Licence.
9. TERMS OF PAYMENT Payment can only be made using Paypal at the time of the transaction on our website, or by invoice. Receipts for payment are provided in electronic format. We take reasonable measures to ensure that our website is a secure site. Please see the terms and conditions of use of our website concerning access to it and use of the facilities on it. We take all necessary steps to ensure that any information provided by you for the purposes of payment will be kept secure. Invoices payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice or at least 10 working days before the start of the course, whichever is sooner.
10. TERMINATION The Licensor may terminate this Licence immediately by written notice to you if •you commit a material or persistent breach of this Licence which you fail to remedy (if remediable) within 14 days after the service of written notice requiring you to do so; or Upon termination for any reason: •all rights granted to you under this Licence shall cease; •you must cease all activities authorised by this Licence; •you must immediately pay to the Licensor any sums due to the Licensor under this Licence; and •you must immediately delete or remove the Training Materials or Documentation from all computer equipment in your possession, and immediately destroy or return to the Licensor (at the Licensor's option) all copies of the Training Materials and Documentation then in your possession, custody or control and, in the case of destruction, certify to the Licensor that you have done so.
11. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS This Licence is binding on you and us, and on our respective successors and assigns. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of this Licence, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of this Licence, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Licence.
12. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control. Our performance is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
13. WAIVER If we fail, at any time during the term of this Licence, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
14. GENERAL Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these terms shall be in writing. If any provision of these terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby. The terms are governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. DISTANCE SELLING REGULATIONS The provisions of Regulation 13(1) of The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (“the Regulations”) shall apply where the purchase to which these Conditions apply is made by a Buyer who is a consumer (being someone purchasing Publications outside the course of a business) who will therefore not be able to cancel this Contract under Regulation 10 of the Regulations once the Buyer has with the consent of the Seller commenced performing the Contract by starting to download a Publication.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT These terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the purchase of Training Courses, Training Materials and Documentation and supersede any prior a greement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing. We each acknowledge that, in entering into these terms, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to entering into these terms, except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions. Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of entering into these terms (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
17. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. January 2022